Youth Minister: Kim Zernec, (248) 627-3965, ext. 132
Upcoming Events Information
February 24, 2018 – Soccer and Fowling Fun Night at Oakland Yard
March 9, 10 & 11, 2018 – “The Mission” High School Youth Retreat at St. Catherine of Sienna Academy
- Be inspired to be the best version of yourself in 2018. There are 600 Catholic Youth from all of Michigan who attend each year and say it is “AMAZING”! St. Anne Youth can attend for FREE due to generous sponsors.
- The Mission Retreat Info and Permission Slip – download and turn in completed registration forms to Kim by January 15, 2018
April 28, 2018 – Rocking and Raking – Helping our elderly neighbors
June, 2018 – Mission Trip 2018 (One spot still available)
We have a new Youth Group App, stay up to date with all the latest happenings! Here is the link to the Instructions on how to get the app: St. Anne Youth Group App
The primary goal in Youth Ministry is to “empower” the young adults of our community. We also hope to draw them to participate responsibly in their lives and the lives of those they touch.Why Youth Ministry? Studies across the country are showing that youth who are actively involved in their faith community are healthier emotionally, socially and physically and show lower incidence of at-risk-behavior; i.e. smoking, drinking, promiscuity etc. Saint Anne’s Youth Ministry Program provides teens with:
- an environment to grow a deeper and more personal relationship with God,
- opportunities for youth to explore “the big questions” in life, within the context of faith and religion,
- an intergenerational community of people who support, guide, nurture and build relationships with one another,
- opportunities to serve, lead, and contribute to their community,
- clear values, beliefs and commitments that guide teens, help them make wise and healthy choices, and give their lives purpose and meaning,
- positive activities that engage and challenge them and build their skills as they develop intellectually, physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually,
- a safe place where they can be themselves and where they can form positive relationships with peers, and
- ongoing education, guidance and support for their parents or guardians.
All high school students are welcomed to participate in the Saint Anne’s Youth Ministry Program. The Youth Ministry meets Wednesday nights 7:00-9:00 p.m. in Solanus Hall. In addition to weekly meetings, youth have an opportunity to participate in a variety of outside events and activities. All denominations are welcome to attend. Bring your friends! You are the leaders of our future!Information regarding upcoming activities will be made available at weekly meetings, through a newsletter and on the Youth Ministry Board in the gathering area. More details can be acquired through the Youth Ministry Office by calling 248-627-3965, ext. 132. This information will also be included in our local newspapers as an outside reference.